The Autonomic Resources Team has been hard at work building, streamlining, and standardizing a Platform as a Service offering for developing applications in the cloud. This offering features unparalleled security and elasticity for agencies. Read below to learn more about the features and capabilities of this solution, ARCWRX, and determine if you need an evaluation by our expert team.
ARCWRX provides developers a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) built onOpenShift by Red Hat.ARCWRX allows users to develop, host, manage, and scale applications in a FedRAMP accredited cloud environment. By moving these technologies to the cloud, developers are not responsible for the underlying cloud infrastructure, security, or business continuity planning of the platform. The developer can spend less time managing infrastructure and more time doing what they do best: innovating. With over 1 million apps created, 250,000 currently running, and 2,000 being created every day, ARCWRX enables increased productivity and stability.
Ready to see what ARCWRX can do for you? Fill out the evaluation request form to be eligible for an ARCWRX evaluation.
Unique Features of ARCWRX
- On-demand self-service - Customer application platform provisioning
- Broad network access - Application development and access from any environment
- Resource pooling - Applications reside in a shared resource, multi-tenant environment
- Rapid elasticity - Application scaling determined by traffic
- Measured service - Defined application container size
Software Development Technologies and Abilities
- Git Source Code Management and Version Control
- Jenkins 1.4 Continuous Integration
- Build new ARCWRX applications by cloning existing Git repositories
- MySQL 5.5, 5.1
- PosetgreSQL 9.2, 8.4
- MongoDB 2.4
- Cron 1.4 Job Scheduler
- HAProxy automatic, traffic based application scaling
- Do It Yourself custom cartridge importing
Accessibility and Management
- GUI application provisioning
- SSH application environment access
- Publicly resolvable DNSSEC secure DNS names for each application
- HTTP/HTTPS external application access
Our ARCWRX PaaS cloud solution allows agencies to scale applications automatically to handle increased traffic and demand on your applications. Through ARCWRX, you can deploy an application by scaling either enabled or disabled. If you deploy your application with scaling disabled, what you deploy is what you'll have, whether it's in 1 gear or several.
Languages and Frameworks (Cartridges)
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.2, 6.3
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server 2.0 (Tomcat 7)
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server 1.0 (Tomcat 6)
- Ruby 2.0, 1.9, 1.8
- PHP 5.4, 5.3
- Perl 5.10
- Python 3.3, 2.6, 2.7
- Node.js 0.10
- JBoss Fuse 6.1
- JBoss Fuse A-MQ 6.1
- Jenkins 1.5
- Cron 1.4
- PostgreSQL 8.4, 9.2
- MySQL 5.1, 5.5
- MongoDB 2.4
Creating an Application with ARCWRX:
1) Choose an Application
- Choose one of the programming languages available in OpenShift.
2) Make the Application
- Enter a name for your application and select from options provided.
3) Application Creation
- Find instructions on accessing the application and making changes to it.
The "My Applications" tab shows a list of all applications a user has created. You will see the application names in white and the link to the application's public webpage in blue.
Check out Red Hat's OpenShift Enterprise 2 webcast from December 3, 2013 to learn about the most recent OpenShift updates. See a preview of the presentation below.